thankyou;
THIS is something I questioned when I was in primary 5.
when our health education book was on those "awkward" chapters like puberty etc.
and then, I clearly remember this section in the book that was advising females on how to NOT GET MOLESTED.
1.) do not wear revealing clothes
2.) do not stay out of the house late at night
3.) do not wander around deserted areas.
and I remember asking my seating partner about how come the book doesn't say anything to boys.
you know, about PLEASE DO NOT FREAKING MOLEST?
and I reckon his expression was momentarily baffled (also prolly because I never actually said anything much to him since we sat down together) and then reasonably uncomfortable.
he simply shrugged (as expected of a pubescent 11 year old) and continued doodling on his book.
why is it that our society makes it appear as if the physical/emotional sanctity of a female is in the hands of a man she has probably never met in her whole goddamn life?
it's as if subduing a woman is intrinsically linked to masculinity.
THAT SHOULD NOT BE THE CASE DAMMIT.
I agree that some countries take this issue (the punishment) seriously.
but still, a rape victim is almost always ostracized.
as if it is her fault.
why can't a woman live her life on her own bloody terms?
the world irritates me so much when I step out of my mechanical lifestyle and actually think about all that is around me.
:')

Comments