parenting;

so today my friends in uni and I were discussing the book written by  Britney Spears' mum about good parenting etc.
and they were clearly amused as to how her mum could claim she was a good parent considering how her daughters have mad "bad life choices" (bad in the perspective of societal norms, I clarified.)

I beg to differ.
Is good parenting really about teaching your child to conform to the expectations and standards of the society?
Is the value of parenting really dependent of another person's judgement about it?
What right does an outsider have to judge a woman/man's parenting skills when he/she is not in the same situation in the first place.

Furthermore, referring to Britney Spears' mum's example, I would like to boldly state that I do not think she is a bad parent. I wouldn't say she did a fantastic job raising her kids either. But no, she is certainly not a bad parent. Her daughters are strong women who bounce back from failure and depression and that is not an easy feat. And as a mother, she has stood by them through their tough times. Don't see how that is bad parenting.

Also, before all these other parents claim they're better parents than her, please tell me how famous a celebrity your child is. NOT saying good parenting is judged from your child's popularity. Just stating that with popularity and fame, brews trouble. so don't judge~

that will be all. good nightz.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

furlough;

prashka;