I call this the last book(sorry, no better word) in the Twilight series;

So I've returned to blogging after one month of intensive camps and I can safely say that the Engin freshies for this year are adorable, knowledgeable and enthusiastic. :')
Also, I've loved all the NUSSU freshmen orientation camp dry runs so far. I've got to learn so much from my marketing stint and the people are so co-operative and inclusive, it's heartening. 

During the course of the school term and during the camps, I've realized and learnt several things from the people I interacted with and from the projects I was involved in. 

I was gonna blog about the term but the camps ensued and I barely had the time to entertain myself, forget entertain you guys. I kid, blogging isn't just about sharing with others, it's also sharing with myself.  Whoa, I can be so deep. :3

Anw, during the past 6 months, I realized that even though the lessons I learnt on an academic level are highly imperative in a technical perspective, the lessons I learnt day-to-day from peers and family were  essential for me to become a more...pragmatic person. 


  1. I've started learning how NOT to be a people-pleaser all the time. (Forgive the poor grammar) It's alright if there's a certain group of people look down on you or marginalize you in an association or organization (as long as you know you're going all out to ensure the common success of  the team). There is always a group of people that eventually see that you're knowledgeable and an asset to the team. That does not mean one should not make an effort to interact and mingle with the members but if you feel that your wavelength just does not match up, don't get too tensed up. Trying too hard comes off as being desperate, I realized. I learnt to loosen up and retain my identity, which was very hard for me because I am such a people-pleaser at times. I'm so glad that the freshmen realized how task-oriented and amicable I am as a Councillor and appreciated it through the adorable note they wrote to me at the end of 4 days. But I realized that even if they didn't, the smiles in their photos and the amount they enjoyed themselves was price enough for the effort.
  2. I learnt to say "no".It was very hard for me earlier to stand my ground about something. (not saying it's easy now.) But I find it much easier to voice out any negative opinion or response I have about a person or issue at hand. This used to be a herculean feat because I'd always end up convincing myself that the fault must be lying in my mind (for generating the negative opinion) whenever I had to voice out a negative opinion about an issue/person. Although I still find it difficult to tell someone off, I've realized that I have finally learnt how to reprimand my brother and expect an apology when I have been wronged. Also, I have learnt how to decline people/offers in a diplomatic manner. This was especially hard for me during Project Work(it was a graded subject on it's own in Junior College) to decline somebody's request when they'd ask me to complete their task(on the pretext of illness or extra-curricular activities etc) . (Not saying on should ALWAYS decline someone's request.) I realized I had a garnered a reputation for completing another person's work because my team mates realized that I could never say "no". But now, I find it much easier. ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED. 
...whoa, that is a lot of self-reflection. Could've been organized in a better manner, I reckon. but oh well. Must be CG1413 taking a toll on my self-reflection skills. It was a really fun module on hindsight BUT I have a feeling that my writing is more garbled now compared to what it used to be. 
Or maybe it was always this garbled but I only realize it now thanks to the module. 
Two-way thinking, skill set of CG1413. :') 
Felt good to take a module that didn't have a technical spin and was NOT GERMAN.  
Gosh, I really can't wait to finish German. 
I'm sorta envious of my friends who've taken fun modules on Philo, Psych, Bio, Life Sci...damn. 

That reminds me, I'm really REALLYYY stoked for my Summer Sem Bio module starting on Monday. 
Rummaged for my Bio book from Sec 4 to revise and I cannot express in words the sorrow/joy that engulfed me when I was flipping through the pages. So many scribbles and post-its and scrawls in different colours. :') 
Showed it (off :P) to my Tutee and the first thing she commented on was the tattered state of my book. ._. SIGH. 
clearly I am very very psyched for this module. 
my mum upon seeing my enthusiasm: if only you're this excited to do your CEG modules, your grades you be above a B+. 
sigh, she knows all too well that I have (and will always) harbor special interest/love/affection/yougetthepoint for bio (and chem, sort of). I still resent the fact that I didn't take it for my 'A' levels. :( 

If I write any longer, I could get it published as the next Twilight book (even though the miserable series as ended) therefore, good night! :-) 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

furlough;

prashka;