back2school;

Disclaimer: I am sorry for not blogging for the past...many months. please do not think that I have lost interest in blogging. Blogging has/will be an integral part of my life, especially because it allows me to organize my very hap-hazarded thoughts and allows me to reflect. I was just going through a very reformative phase of my existence, and was also procrastinating this post. sorry. :( ok done.

I must admit, I did not think there is anyone left who reads my blog any longer, but apparently people do! (not that I would stop just because no one does, this was never about getting attention, but still, pleasant surprise! :) ) sooo hello people-who-still-like-juhi's-blog (hi, Aish) Aish(short for Aishwarya) is one of my sisters. <3 br="" nbsp="">
So I know I have a lot to update. A lot would be an understatement. I shall start off with what had occupied my time during the last sem. I was interning at  Autodesk. For all those who are not into computer science/engineering/architecture/civil engineering/any form of engineering, Autodesk is not a furniture company. It is a company that deals with CAD. CAD is full form for Computer Aided Design. The graphics in films like Avatar are made using Autodesk software. Perhaps a better way to introduce it would be to identify it with its flagship product which is AutoCAD. (we've learnt something new today! :D) Anyway, moving on from introducing my internship company, I shall talk about the internship as a whole. There's not much point going into the technical details of all the things I learnt because:
1.) Not many people reading this would relate
2.) I feel like I have written 5049234923 internship reports for my school(actually just 4), enough for the entire thing to immortalize in my head anyway.
I just feel really thankful for the entire experience. I had a great manager who never treated me like a mere intern and made me feel valued(trust me, that is rareee) and I got to make friends with some really awesome people. more than awesome, the right word would be diverse. some from other universities and some from other countries. If you know me at all, you know how I like meeting people aside from my usual group of friends because then I can actually see existence from a very varied perspective. so yeap, really enjoyed that. I had so many HTHTs with other interns and full time people, it really was a fun journey! :D

Moving on, I got addicted to Youtube. Not even kidding. I assert that I have watched videos of almost every famous YouTube blogger...across various continents. And now that school has started, I am shit scared that I will continue watching videos like there is no tomorrow and THAT IS NOT GOOD. :'( Since I am addicted, I might as well share some of my guilty pleasures so that you guys get addicted because why should I be the only one suffering right? (jk) My favsss are (in no order of preference):
1.)  Tanya Burr (she's so...smiley and she got me to be a bit more girly and think about how I look)
2.)  Tyler Oakley (CUTEST YOUTUBER EVER)
3.)  Niomi Smart (love how health conscious she is and...she's just so disciplined.)
4.)  Ryan Higga (hur hur hur surprise)
5.) Pretentious Movie Reviews (No I am not one of those psycho Indian girls whose all over Karan Gill. The videos are just hilarious and I love the reviews...mostly. I also like Biswa. And if you are not Indian or not into Bollywood, you should give this one a skip)
Sooo there you go, my entire list as of now. There's a lot of other great ones like WahBanana(Singaporean) and Superwoman(Canadian)...but yeah, if I had to name my 5 favourite, there you go.

Also since I have been so into Youtube the past month...I shall do a Youtube-y kinda thing. I am gonna talk about my top 3 favourite products of 2014. (I know this does NOT suit me because I am not the most girly people you would know but...lets get on with it shall we)


ok this has been my all time favourite lip balm since...since whenever I laid my hands on my first lip balm. I know I am not a very girly person(not encouraging the notion that women are expected or supposed to behave in a certain manner here, just using it as a generic term to relate to someone who enjoys dabbling in cosmetics and fashion as such), but I do have a sort of regime which includes a facewash, moisturizer and lip balm. I have tried many lip balms partially cause my dad works overseas and I do get him to buy my funky flavours or stuff that's exorbitant at Sephora and also cause I like enjoy lip balms with nice fragrance/taste. I have never felt like any of them actually made a difference to my lips. Maybe they did like for the first 1 hour? But after that, reapplication is required. THIS STUFF THOUGH. it is like magic. It lasts me even in the most air-conditioned lecture theaters and in the Indian winters and it's just...really amazing. It does not taste fabulous, I will admit that. But yes, it's a great base for lipstick imo. I don't think you get it around everywhere in the world...but you can check out the brand. Its called Bipha Ayurveda. I got it at the Indian Airport while returning back to Singapore previously and since then, in love. I don't endorse stuff JUST because they contain natural ingredients/are Ayurvedic because I do know that a lot of companies are all gimmicky and stuff. (I do believe though that Ayurveda is legit though fyi) This stuff is as real as commercial Ayurveda can get. 

Everything I said above ^ Plus the fact that it has help my skin break out lesser. I do still break out because yaye, I have disgusting skin. But MUCH lesser than I used to in Year 1 of university. Plus it is non-greasy and it sets well with my skin. It doesn't feel yucky when I am perspiring so that's a huge bonus for me. It has a nice yellow consistency that adds a light glow to the face as well. Same brand.  I love it. 

This is a gift from a friend for Christmas. I am sure a lot of you would know this brand. If you don't....well they make it pretty clear in the covering as to what they do exactly. This piece is from UK. And although I have never tried Lush products and also that I am not very much into investing in bath products as such(because I don't find much of a difference other than smell), I was pleasantly surprised by this product. It made my skin feel so fresh and I just loved smelling and touching it. I attribute it to the coconut and feel guilty because my grandma always insisted that applying a few drops of coconut oil does your skin wonders and yet I never listened.  This stuff is proof of that. no joke. Please do buy it if you guys ever go to the UK...or if you have a friend in the UK or something...or just order it online if you are more loaded than I am. 

Whoa ok done. Now other than watching funny Youtube channels, I also watched loads and loads of movies. Especially these past few weeks. 
1.) Predestination (1/5) -English
2.) Into the Woods(2/5) -English
3.) Taken 3(2/5) -English
4.) Theory of Everything(3/5 because I espouse the concept of circular time) -English
5.) Chinnadana Nee Kosam(2.5/5)-Telugu
6.) PK(1.5/5) -Hindi
7.) Manam(3/5 just because it has Naga Chaitanya)-Telugu
Do let me know with comments if you want to read a detailed review about any of them! :D

Alright that's a lot of stuff for a back to blogging post...I feel tired. I shall continue on the updates in my next post, which will be very soon, I promise! :) Good night errbody



Comments

Boogieman said…
Ah well miss your blog is great and ur credentials are much greater.. student of NSU!!! adorable, Thanks. Keep up your good work.
Unknown said…
YES I WANT DETAILED REVIES

Popular posts from this blog

furlough;

prashka;