pandaga chesku;
So I went to India over the last weekend for my grandparent's 50th anniversary and I had an amazing time(this shouldn't surprise anyone, I love going back to India) even though it was just 3 days. I resent the fact that it was so short but nevertheless, it was super duper fun. :D
There was supposed to be a Puja(Hindu Prayer ceremony) held for our grandparents and they did not expect our(my family's) presence. The plan was to surprise them. But somehow, SOMEHOW, they found out about 2 days before we were planning to arrive. seriously, Indians cannot keep secrets. Or at least, my family cannot. -_- apparently, this is what happened:
background- my grandfather was telling my maternal elder uncle how there's so many mangoes(it is mango season fyi) and how they cannot finish all of them.
Uncle- Let Rina(my mum) come, she will finish them all.
Grandpa:why...
-.- aaand there goes the surprise.
to be fair, my uncle did try to pretend like he was just kidding though.
But you knowww, they sorta started to speculate that we MIGHT be coming.
Anyway, so we spent Thursday on the celebrations and Puja. Always feels idk, warm and homely whenever I attend Pujas like that. Makes me feel more positive and culturally-oriented. Here are some pics:
Just spent the rest of the day shopping for clothes and stuffing myself with good food.
There was supposed to be a Puja(Hindu Prayer ceremony) held for our grandparents and they did not expect our(my family's) presence. The plan was to surprise them. But somehow, SOMEHOW, they found out about 2 days before we were planning to arrive. seriously, Indians cannot keep secrets. Or at least, my family cannot. -_- apparently, this is what happened:
background- my grandfather was telling my maternal elder uncle how there's so many mangoes(it is mango season fyi) and how they cannot finish all of them.
Uncle- Let Rina(my mum) come, she will finish them all.
Grandpa:why...
-.- aaand there goes the surprise.
to be fair, my uncle did try to pretend like he was just kidding though.
But you knowww, they sorta started to speculate that we MIGHT be coming.
Anyway, so we spent Thursday on the celebrations and Puja. Always feels idk, warm and homely whenever I attend Pujas like that. Makes me feel more positive and culturally-oriented. Here are some pics:
The ceremony also included a Yagya
http://kids.baps.org/thingstoknow/hinduism/57.htm
In my ever progressive journey to understand Hinduism more, I have yet to understand the benefits of lots of things such as Yagyas etc. However, I can definitely vouch for the fact that the process does instill a sense of peace around the house. And the lingering smell of divinity(there is really no other way I can describe the smell) makes you feel like the atmosphere has been cleansed. I loveee that feeling and I cannot stress how much I everyone should try the ceremony at least once.
Anyway moving on, the next day was funnn and tiring at the same time. Before I go on about the discovery of the day, please take a moment to feast your eyes on this blessed human creature named Ram Pothineni:
\
Also, I understand the the stills do NOT do justice to his gorgeousness.
Hence:
Please excuse the sudden fangirling. So now moving on to being more coherent and normal...
Riya(my cousin) was telling me on Thursday how we were gonna watch Pandaga Chesko(the title is named after this, yes), the latest Telugu movie in cinemas the next day. I was not very interested cause it did not have any of my fav actors/actresses...
She was gushing about how it was gonna be great and how Ram Potheneni is absolutely gorgeous and that I will definitely be head over heels. She tried to show me stills in an attempt to bring me over to the cult of fandom. I was not convinced yet though.
And then...it happened. D: I went for the movie and within the first 10 mins I was already like...
OMG OMG OMG WHY DON'T I KNOW MEN LIKE THIS PERSONALLY???
Also, people who have been on my blog for a while now, know that I absolutely LOVE intense + lurking-sweet/mushy-side characters. Like Naga Chaitanya in 100%...
and his character was JUST THAT in the movie so you know...it did not take long.
dayummm.
Anyway, setting aside his face, Rakul Preet is really adorable too. So my brothers had a good time too, if you know what I mean hehehe. I kid, they are really good boys. (Actually idk)
The movie was pretty good too. To state the level of goodness, my dear biological brother enjoyed it and anyone who knows him personally knows that he absolutely HATES watching Telugu films...
The movie was pretty good too. To state the level of goodness, my dear biological brother enjoyed it and anyone who knows him personally knows that he absolutely HATES watching Telugu films...
So yes, please do watch it if you can. I highly recommend it. Also, I am addicted to the soundtrack.
Just spent the rest of the day shopping for clothes and stuffing myself with good food.
Our flight was the next day late night(yes, when I said short trip, REALLY SHORT).
I just slacked at home the next day, had a good long HTHT session with my uncles regarding politics and religion as well. I feel like my younger uncles gets me totally. I also like how we both detest Barkha Dutt. Oh and binged on loads of Pani Puri that evening cause how can any India trip be complete without Pani Puri right? :D
Anyway, that was about it. Hope this long post makes up for the all the MIA-ness thus far. :D
looking forward to the next trip.





Comments