fangirl mode:on;

ok so this post is basically another one of those major fangirly posts which will leave you questioning my sanity and basically wonder if I have any semblance of composure/social normalcy. SO take this as a disclaimer/warning, whatever you wanna call it.

OK SO I AM IN LOVE WITH JODHA AKBAR. (the serial)
for those of you who have been with me through my teenage squeaky years, you would know how crazy I am about Indian History esp the whole Akbar and Jodha thing.
(not just that, I've been crazy about people like  Queen Laxmi Bai, Princess Samyuktha etc etc)
I've read books on her(Jodha) and basically stalked her inside out.
AND lemme tell you, no one called her Jodha bai in reality.
so well DON'T come and tell me that because let us not shatter the pleasant hysteria that the serial AND movie created in my forlorn and sad life.

so back in secondary school, I was madly in love with the movie. (though historically it is about...say 50% accurate?) but sigh, historical/mythological/religious drama. <3 font="">
and then this serial comes along and all of my engineering depression is out of the window.
I can't help falling in love with the historical fiction that Ekta Kapoor has weaved. so...perfect. :')

-Jodha Akbar fangirling over-

BUT fangirling not over.

For those of you who have no interested in Religion/Hinduism, the next few paragraphs won't be too exciting unless you're the sort of person who really wants to know more about other ancient cultures etc . In which case, you, my friend, are awesome.

anw, so I am not crazily, fanatically, madly in love with the latest Hindi Serial version of Mahabharath.
For those who do not know what  Mahabharath is, it is...an epic saga.
So much to learn from it. Please please go and read comic version, story versions, whatever version, if you are the sort who really wants to understand the human nature and who is broad-minded enough to not shun this notion away just because it involves Gods.
(seriously, it pisses me off when people just brush something off once any notion of religion is attached to it)

It is said, that anything taught(on moral grounds) in religious texts around the world, can be found in the Mahabharath. What is intriguing, is that it is so applicable to our life today.
The struggles that people went through in an era where there was minimal digital technology might seem so unlike the challenges we face today. But no, the Mahabharath, or specially a portion of it, called the Geeta, shows that our struggles have and will always be intrinsically the same.

What I particularly like about this show is that they bothered to dissect the WHOLE Mahabharath to show the relevance it has in our relationships, professional life and mental struggles.
SO AMAZING. and so well done. I am so impressed.

As a kid, my parents were always proud of me for being the kid with extensive knowledge of the Hindu culture(I was actually really interested in Greek and Mayan cultures as well) and the various gods/goddesses/royalties etc.
Infact, I would be the kid that gave my grandparents a hard time because any ancient Hindu text they'd read to me in story form would bore me because I'd already know who did what.

However, through this serial, I find myself learning about the interactions of characters on a much deeper level. Understanding their mental struggles more deeply.
There's barely a time I am bored while watching it.

so, if you've kept up with me this far into my post and are really intrigued by all my gibberish,  I suggest you watch these shows on zeetv.com or desitashan.com(this link sucks quite a bit though).

-Hindi Serial fangirling over-

BUT fangirling not over.

SO A NEW SEASON OF CRIMINAL MINDS JUST STARTED. %$^$%&$^&$%
I think I can forget studying this semester. Too much good stuff going on. :'(
whai.
I'd like to link some great episodes here but damn, there are no links for that. :x

ok so I am gonna go watch the latest epi NAO. please do too. it eej amazing.

G'NIGHT.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

furlough;

prashka;