superficial speeches

you know
I just saw a video of this speech by this canadia girl to the UN.
and she was all pro environment, wrld peace etc.
apparently her speech drew oohs and ahhs
but I wasnt very impressed.
yes ok, we are messing with nature
we ARE making animals extinct
we ARE screwing up the ozone.
and there ARE people still dwelling in poverty
and she blames it on adults?
that they're the ones building borders
dividing regions?
well her speech was VERY politically manipulated too.
on the surface, it seems whoa, moving. very moving.
but see, theres this part where shes all....
"orphans in Somalia, War vicitims in the Gulf...and the beggars in India..."
you may say that it is probably my patriotic streak that has made me angry.
but that is not true.

she never included poorer coutries like China etc.
why?!
because they hold major roles in the UN. (Security Council)
angering them is a huge no-no.
then I ask, is it just adults being manipulative?
In India, atleast people have decent food to eat.
beggars in China survive on insects and pests.

I do not think she holds any rights to put down a country's reputation this way.
I mean come on.
aren't there orphans in Canada?
beggars in the Europe?
yes maybe her bigger message was to make the world a better place.
which I whole-heartedly support.

but hey, dont just blame the adults this way.
how about we all stop using refridgerators, computers, television sets right now?
even light bulbs contribute to pollution.("ozone having holes in it")
yes, they never had to worry about all these things at your age
BECAUSE THEY HAD MORE THINGS TO WORRY ABOUT.
they didn't have proper electricity.
forget computers and tvs.


she maybe right, but not entirely.

bleh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

furlough;

prashka;