PEETA1;
Ok so for those who've read my blog since...since well I started it, you'd be pretty immune to my acute fangirl syndrome that culminates in analytic and deeply sentimental posts about the (mostly fictional) character in question.
SO...well, brace yourselves, I'm into Peeta now.
He's now almost on par with Snape...and that is saying A LOT because everyone knows how much I absolutely adore Snape as a human being and as a character and as a teacher also. :')
ok so I shall not start off about Snape again because I've done enough posts dedicated to the dissection of his character and his past. Now, Peeta. :')
HE IS SO ENDEARING. honestly.
I think I have a thing for heroes that don't display their machismo in the conventional manner.
Conventional masculine heroism usually involves all/some of these attributes:
1.) crude language and a relatively violent temperament that results in the character raging (threatening/challenging) at or bashing the antagonist to pulp. (this happens a lot in bollywood)
2.) A deep-rooted hate and antagonism towards the villain that is quite (infectious to the audience)
since it is portrayed as a legit emotion that the character should be experiencing.
3.)Strength that Hercules himself fears as the character can sustain countless injuries and yet run at breakneck speeds to escape and of course defend himself in the most impossible situations that would most likely cripple a mortal man.
4.) A highly self-sufficient and resourceful character who has all it takes to bring the villian down.
5.) A very VERY brave character whose braveness is made, as mentioned in points 2, 3 and 4, glaringly obvious as he never cowers in fear or hesitates when it comes to crossroads. He is rarely a victimized by his predicament.
All these attributes are obviously lacking in common man.
The common man hesitates.
The common man fears.
The common man falls weak.
The common man needs help.
The common rages but because he is overwhelmed.
The common man desires solitude that comes from being a common man.
The common man wants the limelight but lives with the knowledge that he cannot have it.
The common man falls victim to life's challenges.
And I think Peeta fits this description of commonality to a great extent, BUT NOT ALL OF IT.
Because there is so much more that makes him so endearing.
Peeta never desired the limelight.
Ok-mum needs help. I shall continue with this post later. ciao. :) <3
SO...well, brace yourselves, I'm into Peeta now.
ok so I shall not start off about Snape again because I've done enough posts dedicated to the dissection of his character and his past. Now, Peeta. :')
HE IS SO ENDEARING. honestly.
I think I have a thing for heroes that don't display their machismo in the conventional manner.
Conventional masculine heroism usually involves all/some of these attributes:
1.) crude language and a relatively violent temperament that results in the character raging (threatening/challenging) at or bashing the antagonist to pulp. (this happens a lot in bollywood)
2.) A deep-rooted hate and antagonism towards the villain that is quite (infectious to the audience)
since it is portrayed as a legit emotion that the character should be experiencing.
3.)Strength that Hercules himself fears as the character can sustain countless injuries and yet run at breakneck speeds to escape and of course defend himself in the most impossible situations that would most likely cripple a mortal man.
4.) A highly self-sufficient and resourceful character who has all it takes to bring the villian down.
5.) A very VERY brave character whose braveness is made, as mentioned in points 2, 3 and 4, glaringly obvious as he never cowers in fear or hesitates when it comes to crossroads. He is rarely a victimized by his predicament.
All these attributes are obviously lacking in common man.
The common man hesitates.
The common man fears.
The common man falls weak.
The common man needs help.
The common rages but because he is overwhelmed.
The common man desires solitude that comes from being a common man.
The common man wants the limelight but lives with the knowledge that he cannot have it.
The common man falls victim to life's challenges.
And I think Peeta fits this description of commonality to a great extent, BUT NOT ALL OF IT.
Because there is so much more that makes him so endearing.
Peeta never desired the limelight.
Ok-mum needs help. I shall continue with this post later. ciao. :) <3

Comments