clarification;

No matter how many people tell me that my decision was blunder,
And that I will definitely regret it,
And that it was a once in a lifetime opportunity (especially because living in US has been something I've wanted since sabbaticals in sec 3),
And it's not worth it to give up your dreams for someone,

I still stand firm on it.
and if I were given a chance to go back on it now,
I wouldn't take it.

always, even when you show me that they've been right about you. 


if I really wanted to go back on the decision, I would have done it ages ago.
when the opportunity made itself all the more appealing a few months back,
when the odds were beautifully in my favour,
when my parents, forget friends, were convincing me so tirelessly about it
when my brother labelled me "officially retarded" 


BUT I did not.
and I don't see any reason why I would want to go back on my decision now. 




because that's what love entails.

I just need that one person to assure me that it'll be worth it.
and that my decision was not unreasonable.
that it is perfectly legitimate



And I need that assurance more than anything sometimes.
when I'm surrounded with scorn and judgement.

It hurts even more when people don't understand the gravity of my decision.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

furlough;

prashka;