Motherland;
ok so since I have spent a good amount of time in the Motherland, I thought I should blog about how it has been so far.
I have always loved coming back, that is for sure.
I never step back from a trip to India.
everything is home about it. every.single.thing.
if there is one place I can seek solitude and family at the same time, it is here.
so I have had 3 comments so far asking me about my short posts unlike my MGS days.
yeah, I was reading those and I realised how much I used to gush about my daily life.
perhaps it was because there was something to actually gush about in those days.
perhaps every little detail about that life was deserving to me immortalised.
MG. days of innocent yet hopeful happiness, always elusive.
it was a strange sort of hope, that became my escape on my darkest nights.
now it just seems so unreal and irrational.
now that I am in uni and in a different phase of life, it all feels like a good dream that will never return no matter how hard I try to go back to sleep.
and today again, I do have something to gush about.
my Homeland.
I always feel like I have some place on this Earth where I will be treated as family.
the language, the people, the smiles, the faces, the eyes...
everything.
chai is never chai until and unless it's sipped on a cold Indian winter morning in a balcony overlooking gray skies.
being away, makes me realise thatI don't have anyone or anything worth going back to.
Also, I look at my 6 year old cousin and I can't help but smile at her cutness.
she calls me Eishika akka(elder sister in Telugu) and calls herself Jaanvi and then when someone calls her penki(naughty in Telugu , she says, Jaanvi akka they called you penki! :D
oh and how can I forget the movies,
I think I have rattled on about Telegu movies endlessly in the past so I shall control the urges now.
the music is so addictive.
and my grandma(I am almost definitely sure her eyesight has weakened drastically)keeps pointing out how I look so much like Genelia. *wails*
also, I heard Andhra Pradesh is about to be separated into AP and Telangana.
because it is such a big state and according to AP-ites, Chidambaram(Home Minister of Tamil Nadu, I think) claims that India was ruled efficiently in the past due to being divided into several smaller states and so AP should be divided for efficient ruling.
wtshit SERIOUSLY? DISLIKE. MAJOR MAJOR DISLIKE.
I honestly think AP is being run pretty well. ._.
the Hyderabad. airport is a good place to start, I believe.
best.aiport.in.India. hands down.
I am so upset about this. :( so very gravely upset.
please please please don't divide Andhra.
I will be so sad. sigh.
ok anw, I hope someone makes am big fuss and stops this shit.
also, I hope Modi takes India into his hands in 2014.
His style of governance and change is commendable. *applause*
His speech won my heart after the Gujarat Elections.
ok now I shall go sleep~ :)
I have always loved coming back, that is for sure.
I never step back from a trip to India.
everything is home about it. every.single.thing.
if there is one place I can seek solitude and family at the same time, it is here.
so I have had 3 comments so far asking me about my short posts unlike my MGS days.
yeah, I was reading those and I realised how much I used to gush about my daily life.
perhaps it was because there was something to actually gush about in those days.
perhaps every little detail about that life was deserving to me immortalised.
MG. days of innocent yet hopeful happiness, always elusive.
it was a strange sort of hope, that became my escape on my darkest nights.
now that I am in uni and in a different phase of life, it all feels like a good dream that will never return no matter how hard I try to go back to sleep.
and today again, I do have something to gush about.
my Homeland.
I always feel like I have some place on this Earth where I will be treated as family.
the language, the people, the smiles, the faces, the eyes...
everything.
chai is never chai until and unless it's sipped on a cold Indian winter morning in a balcony overlooking gray skies.
being away, makes me realise that
Also, I look at my 6 year old cousin and I can't help but smile at her cutness.
she calls me Eishika akka(elder sister in Telugu) and calls herself Jaanvi and then when someone calls her penki(naughty in Telugu , she says, Jaanvi akka they called you penki! :D
oh and how can I forget the movies,
I think I have rattled on about Telegu movies endlessly in the past so I shall control the urges now.
the music is so addictive.
and my grandma(I am almost definitely sure her eyesight has weakened drastically)keeps pointing out how I look so much like Genelia. *wails*
also, I heard Andhra Pradesh is about to be separated into AP and Telangana.
because it is such a big state and according to AP-ites, Chidambaram(Home Minister of Tamil Nadu, I think) claims that India was ruled efficiently in the past due to being divided into several smaller states and so AP should be divided for efficient ruling.
wtshit SERIOUSLY? DISLIKE. MAJOR MAJOR DISLIKE.
I honestly think AP is being run pretty well. ._.
the Hyderabad. airport is a good place to start, I believe.
best.aiport.in.India. hands down.
I am so upset about this. :( so very gravely upset.
please please please don't divide Andhra.
I will be so sad. sigh.
ok anw, I hope someone makes am big fuss and stops this shit.
also, I hope Modi takes India into his hands in 2014.
His style of governance and change is commendable. *applause*
His speech won my heart after the Gujarat Elections.
ok now I shall go sleep~ :)
Comments